Work Injury Third Party Claims Attorney
NJ Workers’ Compensation Attorney
If you are injured on the job, you have an absolute right to workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ comp, however, will not compensate you fully for your losses. However, you may also be able to get full compensation by pursuing a third party claim—a personal injury claim against someone other than your employer.
Personal Injury Claims for Workplace Injuries
At the Law Office of John F. Marshall, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, our lawyers help injured workers recover all the compensation they deserve, pursuing third party claims in addition to workers’ compensation claims.
You might have a third party claim for your workplace accident. Lawyers at the Law Office of John F. Marshall will help you recover all compensation you deserve. Contact us to arrange a free consultation.
When does a third party claim apply?
Our lawyers will determine whether there is some party other than your employer who is responsible for your injury. Examples of third party claims include the following:
- If you were injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or bicycle accident in the course of your work, (for a sales representative this might include a trip that begins at home) your own car insurance and that of the driver who caused the accident are responsible for your loss.
- If you were injured in a slip and fall accident caused by faulty building maintenance, a construction site accident caused by property owner, or were injured by toxic exposure from your work, you may have a premises liability claim.
- If you were injured in a construction accident caused by another contractor, or in a gas explosion caused by another contractor who cut the line, you may have a claim.
- If you suffered a dog bite injury while delivering a package, you have a claim against the dog’s owner.
- If you were hurt at work as the result of faulty or defective equipment, a product defect, a car defect, a poorly designed tool, or another dangerous product, you may have a product liability claim.
What will a third party claim cover?
Unlike workers’ compensation a personal injury or auto insurance claim entitles you to full wage reimbursement, treatment by your own physician, and possibly compensation for pain and suffering. In some cases our attorneys can demonstrate that our client lost the potential for an even greater future income, and in other cases victims of negligence are entitled to punitive damages.
A personal injury lawyer who has recovered millions for his clients
Our lead attorney John F. Marshall has extensive experience as a personal injury lawyer. Our clients benefit from his experience, skill, and qualities that have entitled him for a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious national organization of lawyers who have recovered million-dollar-plus injury settlements and verdicts.
Sorting out the tangle of benefits
In addition to a personal injury claim, our workers’ compensation lawyers will help you apply for Social Security Disability (SSD) if you have become permanently disabled. The attorneys will handle the tangle of cross-payments, monitoring your case so you recover the maximum benefit possible.
Contact a New Jersey attorney about your work injury
At the Law Office of John F. Marshall, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, our workers’ compensation attorneys and staff are committed to providing clients with responsive and effective legal services. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, it is important to have a lawyer review your claim in order to see that you are being treated fairly. Please call 877-450-8301 or e-mail our office to arrange a free consultation.
Servicios del intérprete disponibles – Spanish translation services available
READY FOR LEGAL ADVICE?
Fill in the form below and an attorney will be in touch with you shortly.
CONTACT A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAW ATTORNEY
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall located in Freehold, Trenton, Toms River, Paterson, New Brunswick, Jersey City, Hackettstown, and Somerville our workers compensation attorneys and staff are committed to helping employees injured on the job, whether as a result of workplace accidents or occupational diseases. If you have been injured in a workplace accident it is important to have a lawyer review your claim to see that you are being treated fairly and to ensure that you receive full compensation for your injury claim. Please call 877-450-8301 or e-mail our office to arrange a free consultation.