Obtaining a New Doctor

NJ Workers’ Compensation Attorney to Obtain a Second Opinion or a New Treating Doctor

At the Law Office of John F. Marshall our lawyers help injured workers receive the medical treatment they need through workers’ compensation claims. In New Jersey, the employer can require an injured employee to go to a certain doctor.

Complete Workers’ Compensation Services

As our client, our attorneys will fight for your right to adequate treatment. If the doctor chosen by your employer is not offering you the treatment that will improve your medical condition or is authorizing light duty work that will interfere with your recovery, we will send you to another doctor for a second opinion. Our lawyers will then petition the court to have that physician become your treating doctor.

Do you want a second opinion from a new doctor? Contact us at the Law Office of John F. Marshall to arrange a free consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer.

Workers’ compensation is required to pay for healing treatment for your back injury or other workplace injury. An orthopedist may recommend massage therapy, or the necessary treatment may include chiropractic treatments. You may require knee surgery or extended physical therapy. Our attorneys will fight for your right to the treatment you need to reach maximum improvement.

Qualifying Injuries Include
  • A spinal cord, neck, or back injury
  • A traumatic brain injury (TBI)
  • A herniated disc, knee injury, rotator cuff/shoulder injury, or other soft tissue injury
  • Psychological injuries such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety that require therapy
  • Lung injuries, including asbestosis and baker’s lung
  • Heart conditions, including hypertension and heart attacks
  • Cancer caused by toxic exposure, including lung, stomach, colon, and throat cancer, leukemia, and mesothelioma
  • Repetitive stress injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome, back strain, and rotator cuff impingement syndrome
Contact a New Jersey Workers’ Comp Lawyer

At the Law Office of John F. Marshall, our NJ workers' compensation (sometimes called workman’s comp) attorneys and staff are committed to providing clients with responsive and effective legal services throughout the state, including Essex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County, Hudson County and anywhere else. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, it is important to have a lawyer review your claim in order to see that you are being treated fairly. Please call (800) 999-0897 or e-mail our office to arrange a free consultation.

Servicios del intérprete disponibles – Spanish translation services available